Thursday, January 27, 2011

There's a Reason I Haven't Posted in a While

When I started this blog I was so excited! I have SO much to write about! I didn't anticipate being my own road block for posting. I have no shoratge of stuff to write about! I just either forget to make time to do it during the day or I FORGET to do it!

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I’m a fairly spontaneous person. I mean, its not every gal who elopes in Vegas with her boyfriend of only three weeks! I decide to paint a room on a whim or rearrange the bedroom while watching the evening news. Not long after we moved into our house my husband came home from work to find I had ripped out all of the carpet in the master bathroom! (I couldn’t bare the thought of what awful things might be under there… it needed to be replaced with hard flooring and I couldn’t wait any longer!)

As an actor, I guess this fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants lifestyle is good. New shows, new auditions, no shows, no auditions… everything in an actor’s life requires a flexible personality who can handle anything life throws at them. Even in my day-job of theme park performing, nothing stays the same. Our schedules change every time there’s a holiday or change in the season!

But, I have an odd dilemma… Although I’m very impulsive I also crave routine! How is this possible? I enjoy being spontaneous, but lately I’m longing for a set schedule. I want to have a plan that I can stick to. I want to read my bible every morning, go to the gym 3 times a week, walk with the kids every day, make my kids a healthy lunch, take them on play-dates, happily greet my husband when he arrives home, have dinner ready by 5:30 every night, have a house cleaning schedule so it always looks nice, go on a ‘date night’ every week, read every night and still have time in the week to fit in some self-pampering at the salon! There’s no way on earth to do these things without having a set schedule, which I just can not seem to manage to create!

I can stick to a set schedule for something specific, for example house cleaning, for MAYBE two weeks, tops! There’s no way on earth that I can ever imagine having my entire life organized. I’ve tried. I’ve got at least three organization books that I purchased just last year, I just can’t seem to implement any of the techniques!

I enjoy my madcap, impulsive episodes, but I want those things to be instances rather than the normal way I live my life. How is this possible? IS it possible?

1 comment:

  1. haha - funny :)
    yeah, i think it is possible...let me know, though, once YOU'VE figured it out so i can share in the knowledge ;)

    ReplyDelete